Post Top Ad

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Events: Governor's Ball 2013....finally

Soo let’s rewind for a second 



My compadres and I originally planned on attending Coachella but later agreed on something local, accessible, and not to mention a little more pocket friendly -- so we attended the Governor’s Ball Music Festival in New York. In order to make the most of our weekend we bought three day passes. The line-up sounded promising so I simply could not pass it up. As someone who usually attends small low-key shows this would be my first time attending a festival with headliners like Kings of Leon, Kanye West, and Guns N’ Roses.  I wasn't really sure what to expect but regardless of that fact, Mother Nature had the last word.

It was a torrential downpour! Forget cats and dogs, the whole goddamm zoo rained down on us that day.  I'm talking lions, tigers, and bears…the whole nine yards. The moment we stepped foot into the festival ponchos were handed out to everyone passing through the gates so clearly we should have taken that as a sign.




I didn't even bother taking photos on Day 1 due to the perpetuating fear of damaging my cellphone so please understand that these photos only tell half the story.  And ohhhhh, don’t let me forget the inescapable amount of mud blocking the paths to the various stages. But you know what they say...YOLO! 





Even though she literally rained on our parade we focused our energy on the positives. We snagged some free merch, loaded up on froyo, and met some pretty cool people.  Through the festival I was introduced to some great acts like Haim  and Ms Mr and while I didn't get to see everyone I did enjoy sets from Local Natives, Azealia Banks, Erykah Badu, Kendrick Lamar, Kings of Leon, Nas, Grizzly Bear, Foals, and Kanye. 














So would I do it again? Minus the rain and icky mud, I might consider it...

9:49 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad