Post Top Ad

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Check It!: Elle Varner x Conversational Lush

Elle Varner's new mixtape Conversational Lush is one of the newest additions to my ipod.  It's fun, it's vibrant, and it's eclectic.  WTF is one of those songs that seriously makes you blurt out what-the-fuck.  It's the poster song for people with bad luck! A swift shake of the head assisted with a light chuckle to that one.  I love it though lol.  So Fly and 32 Flavors also stick out to me.  Both songs left behind a strong message that I can walk away with which I like.  On So Fly Elle highlights all of her flaws and her dissatisfaction with society's perception of perfection.  It's about accepting who you are as a person inside and out which I'm sure a lot of people can relate to. In an interview with PopCrush Elle reminisces about the night she wrote the song. 
"I was in college and I was heavier at the time. I was just so tired of always being overlooked and every guy wanting to be my best friend and nobody was interested in me...In writing this song linearly, I didn’t know that I was going to come to the point that I do at the end of the song. But I said, ‘Wait a minute, I’m the definition of fly.’ So it was a very therapeutic song that helped me get through a tough time. I hope that it does the same for a lot of women." (via PopCrush)    


x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


11:01 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad