Post Top Ad

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Check It!: Kevin Michael x Lisa

Ever wondered what Prince would sound like today if he still made music true to his sound in the 80s? Well, he'd sound a little something like this...and I can't complain. I've been following mister K. Michael ever since his debut in 2007 with his self-titled album.  I used to feel super exclusive bumping his CD in my car that summer because everyone would ask me omg who sings that song and I just felt so proud to say oh it's Kevin Michael you should so check him out.  Okay okay I'm an avid fan, sue me.  Love Letter was my ringtone up until last year when I finally had to switch phones.  But what can I say...his five octave range is pretty impressive and those crazy falsettos honey chile, honey chile. Just listen to Liquid Lava Love...
With all that said you can imagine my excitement when he released his new project entitled LISA.  Lisa is very different from his previous material but it's still golden in my book.  He labels Prince, Michael Jackson, and Stevie Wonder as some of his biggest influences and this new mixtape definitely backs up the validity in that statement.  It's always hard to narrow down my favorite tracks from artists that I adore but I'm really feeling There's A Light, Lady Killer, Fat Back, ▲ (feat deadmau5), and What Is This Feeling.
 
12:52 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

catwell said...

Love it! And I love this blog. Thanks for sharing!

Joey said...

Aw thank you! I appreciate it ;) xx

Post Top Ad