Post Top Ad

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hear Me Out: Chester French Loves Black Girls

Chester French has always been one of my favorite groups and I'm super stoked that they're releasing music after almost a four year hiatus.  Their new single Black Girls is such a catchy tune and I admire their ode to the beautiful black woman of the world (woop woop).  The lyrics are honest and bold but the matter in question is the video. 
The lyrics go a little something like this:
This ain't no fetish, ain't objectifying no one
I reject your deconstruction of my taste
But ignoramus always look in my direction
They're so frustrated I don't keep it in the race 
Like they've never seen this before 
Like it's 1954 
But the whole world's turning brown and who cares
Now I don't know about you guys but when I hear a song for the first time I tend to create my own little music video in my mind.  I imagined the boys of Chester French in like a mall type setting just strolling through and as they walked by a store black girls of different heights, sizes, shapes, and shades would just pour out of the stores as the boys watched on in amazement.  Or maybe a huge pool party at somebody's house with a bunch of beautiful black women just partying and living it up with the boys.  You know something fun, something cool. So...I was kind of disappointed when I watched the actual video.  To get the gist of it, it basically featured a black woman and a white woman having intercourse.  Going along with Britni's article on Clutch Magazine the only message that I pull from this video is that we are objectified. I know D.A states that is not the meaning of the song which you know what it doesnt sound like it is BUT the video just painted a different image for me.  I'm sure there's an artful meaning behind it but I guess I'm just missing where it connects. What do you guys think?
Is it really that deep? 
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x 

Watch the video and let's see what you think! (NSFW btw)

10:37 AM / by / 5 Comments

5 comments:

Dre said...

I love Chester French! She Loves Everybody and Jimmy Choos played nonstop in my car just a few short years ago. I had no idea they had a new single. I'm about to finish listening to this song now.

Thanks for sharing, girl! You have great taste in music ;-)

Joey said...

Thank you hun! <3 these boys xx

Nikki (Mavens and Muses) said...

Thanks for sharing! For some reason I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this song...:)

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you; I didn't like the video at all.

belladonna2.blogspot.com

pljewels.blogspot.com

Joey said...

Nikki - Your welcome hun! Hopefully it'll grow on you

Carmela - Yea it just rubbed me the wrong way when I first saw it. It's just not what I expected at all and I really don't see the point in it

Post Top Ad