Post Top Ad

Monday, July 1, 2013

Check It: "Earth To Arima" Ederra


A big shout out to Black&SexyTv for introducing me to the talented soulstress, Arima Ederra.  I know I've been living under a rock lately but little finds like this remind me why I love music.

The r&b/hip hop influence of the 90s behind Arima's entire ensemble nearly seeps through her pores and she has no qualms about hiding it either.  While drawing inspiration from artists such as Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, and Lauryn Hill, she does not necessarily consider herself a singer, but more of a poet who sings.  Arima's debut Earth To Arima features 10 tracks written entirely by the artist herself with a little production help from a few others -- so give it a listen below and be sure to let us know what you think. My favorites so far are Starships Outro, Flow Chart, and Characteristics of an Aquarian.  

11:47 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad