Post Top Ad

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Check It: Lucy Rose x Middle of the Bed

Lucy Rose is definitely an artist to watch.  I am completely in awe of her voice.  It's natural and beautifully effortless.  Its light and refreshing but still has the capability to grasp you by the ears and reel you in.  Her style of singing is kind of reminiscent of Florence + The Machine. She's also quite the writer.  The lyrical content of Middle of the Bed in particular speaks volumes.  You can tell that it comes from a deep place with lyrics like "I sleep in the middle of the bed. You don't know, is it fine to hold my hand? I sleep in the middle of the bed. Sun slips through my cold hands".  Her song Night Bus is equally amazing.

Lucy also sings back up for Bombay Bicycle Club.  On their most recent release A Different Kind of Fix (review on that coming soon) she sings on about 80% of the tracks and I think that they couldn't have chosen a better person.  Her voice compliments Jack Steadman's voice impeccably.  A musical match made in heaven!
Lucy & Jack singing BBC's "Flaws"
12:44 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad