Post Top Ad

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hear Me Out: Hey, Don't Forget About JT!

Since I already ranted about this on Twitter a couple of weeks ago this post is long overdue.  Like most of you I like to listen to music as I clean up a bit.  Its relaxing and allows me to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.  So a couple of weeks ago as I cleaned my room I blasted my iPod on shuffle.  I jammed out for a few to an eclectic mix of The Foreign Exchange, Sigur Ros, and Adele for the first couple of songs and then one of Justin Timberlake's songs came on which made me realize something, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE IS AN ARTIST! Now I know it might be hard for some of you to let go of his 'boy band' image from when he was in N*Sync but you have to (as my mom would say) "give Jack his jacket" which basically means give a person credit for what they have done regardless of the situation. Futuresex/Lovesounds was an amazing album.  It's more broad in terms of style in comparison to his first release making it appeal to a much wider audience.  It was a two-fer as the title suggests shedding a glowing light on the ups and downs of sex and love with tons of sexual innuendos. Some of my favorites would have to be Losing My Way, Set the Mood Right, Until the End of Time, and My Love.  The album, as once described, showcases the very "nature of how sex and love are interchangeable and immutable and contradictory and complementary all at once, so that the same words mean different things depending on what music is played or what mood is set".   

» Justin Timberlake - Losing My Way


» Justin Timberlake - Set The Mood Right



JT is well diverse in his efforts.  Besides being a talented singer/songwriter, he is also a record producer, dancer, actor, and a businessman.  Oh and get this, he's also a comedian! (*shrugs* who knew!)  Basically what I'm trying to say here is give Justin his jacket

SNL Skit of 3-Way/The Golden Rule with
Andy Samberg & Lady Gaga

12:33 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad