Post Top Ad

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sound Bites: Elle Varner Doesn't Give A Damn

I can honestly say that Elle Varner's Perfectly Imperfect is an album that I am anticipating.  I haven't been disappointed with anything that she has released as of yet and judging by what I've heard, the album will be fire. I already knew I'd love this song just by listening to the first five seconds.  Elle's EP Conversational Lush served as a good introduction to the person known as Elle Varner and I think that Perfectly Imperfect will be an even better introduction to the artist that we're all still getting to know.  On the EP Elle gave us a little taste of what she has to offer and showed us her humorous personality.  I still play "WTF" 'til this day and crack up every time. The whole story is just a laugh but I love how she's able to use music as a creative outlet to discuss things like that.  Even though she's technically an R&B singer she reminds me of an old school hip-hop artist in the sense that she's a storyteller. Biggie told stories and Pac did the same and I love that.  Perfectly Imperfect will be released August 7th and will consist of 11 songs in total including  the radio hits "Only Wanna Give It To You" and "Refill".
10:00 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad