Post Top Ad

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Eclectics: Naiylah W.


|| Age: 22 || Blog: The Love & Sex Issue || Twitter: @NaiOnLife ||
What are you listening to at the current moment? 
At this moment, I'm listening to a lot of "hippie-esque" music like "We are young" by FUN, a lot of Raphael Saddiq, and Florence + the machine. I've been getting really bored with new music so I like old school songs like "Can't get over you" Franky Beverly and Mays. However, I am a serious fan of Mr. Rozay and young Jeezy, I believe I was a drug dealer in a past life lol.
How would you describe your taste in music? 
My taste in music is completely based on what I'm feeling at the time so it's VERY diverse but has a common theme. Mostly I listen to music with abstract concepts, like "Rich Forever" Rick Ross, "Beautiful" by India Arie or "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant and I've been listening to a lot of them too! I like songs that help me day dream, day dreaming helps me find the desires of my heart which ultimately helps me make decisions on the future.

How does music influence your craft? 
Music influences my craft by helping me think outside the box and meditate on different perspectives and points of views. In Psychology, you don't have to be open minded or liberal you just need the ability to put yourself in other people's shoes so that you can be empathetic to what they are experiencing. Music puts me in another world and gives me insight how people in other situations may feel.
In terms of lyrical content, what kind of music influences a healthy sex life? 
I think music that makes you feel emotionally empowered and excited about loving someone. Great sex is the first born of deep intimacy. A song that simply decribes a lot of sexual things like booty slapping and neck biting, is physically stimulating for the moment, and in that moment, but if you don't share a deep enough intimacy with that person you will not be comfortable enough to act on half of the lyrics you heard.
Being an aspiring love/sex expert, how do you feel about the current state of R&B? Sighhssss, surprisingly, I do not like "sex songs". I mean of course I like some of them, Robin Thicke being THE MAN, in my book, but songs that are too specific, take away your own imagination. People start to think that they have to do all the moves the girl in the video did, and men feel like they have to be smooth as silk to have this MIND BLOWING experience like the singer/songwriter describes.  I think a lot of the R&B focuses more on the sex and not the love, when in reality, it should be the other way around. For single people with no love in mind, you're following your flesh so by all means, enjoy sex! but R&B these days in my opinion, don't make me want love, it makes me want sex. The only problem with that is, GREAT sex is a by product of a strong love, and I think we as singles may compromise that, to satisfy our flesh, which still leaves us hugging a pillow, and not a person.
1:04 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

LaQuana D. said...

The answer to the last question was AMAZZZING!! Love you girls! Joey and blog is still #1 for music in my eyes. And Nai....get em!!! lol

Joey said...

Nai's responses were on it! Love it and thank you Quana :) xx

Post Top Ad