Post Top Ad

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Check It!: Ms. Del Rey

I have recently jumped on the Lana Del Rey band wagon.  I always saw photos of her circling around the blogs time and time again but I honestly thought she was just some model chick.  Doing my routine wandering on YouTube I stumbled across a video of one of my favorite bands covering a song titled "Video Games".  Curious to find out what the original version sounded like I looked up Lana's version but since I was so used to BBC's rendition I didn't even bother giving it a chance.  Now here I am about four months later smacking myself in the head.  Thanks to my recent advancement in common sense I now realize what I have been missing out on. This girl can BLOW! Lana's sound is so refreshing and timeless.  She's been deemed the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" of our generation and I assure you, the title fits! Notable tracks from her debut album are Radio, National Anthem, Born To Die, and Dark  Paradise.  
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x


12:39 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

Wilde + Free said...

Lana is amazing, love born to die.

Xx

Joey said...

Yeah she's pretty fantastic! xx

Post Top Ad