Post Top Ad

Monday, June 4, 2012

Check It: Weekend Groove W/ Jamie Woon


As I sit here sipping some hot tea I reflect on the awesomeness that was my weekend. On Friday I spent the day with my lovely sister in New York.  We shopped, people watched, and later had lunch at Bistro Lamazou which was a great experience.  On Saturday I attended my cousin's wedding and once again the weather was perfect.  She looked so gorgeous in her wedding gown.  I had to fight back the tears in fear of ruining my makeup.  Everything worked out really nicely and all in all it was a really fun night. On Sunday my family and I went out for sushi which definitely hit the spot.  I tried fried ice cream for the first time which was different than anything that I had tried before but nonetheless still good. I came home, turned on some music, and just chilled out for the rest of the night.

To top the weekend off right my friend introduced me to the sounds of London's very own Jamie Woon. Jamie, who has been on the scene since 2006 (check out Wayfaring Stranger), released his album Mirrorwriting last spring.  The 12 track piece got really great reviews from fans and critics a like and as I listen to it now I can definitely see why.  Mister Woon has the ability to swoon you with his voice without even trying.  He has this R&B/pop thing going on and it works in his favor.  The beat of Night Air has a nice groove to it and Spirits reminds me of Justin Timberlake just a tad bit.  Check out the video below to get the low down on Jamie and the production of Mirrorwriting.

9:45 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad