Post Top Ad

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Submission: Unbuttoned From The Electric Kingdom

Unbuttoned is a r&b/pop infused four piece band from Toronto.  The group, who has been together for the last  two years, released their 7-track EP Electric Kingdom via bandcamp and the first official single from the EP is the groove sensation "This Feeling". 
When I first caught wind of the band I was very pleased with their sound.  I like how they incorporate different elements of music to create their own unique vibe.  My heart nearly skipped a beat when I heard the track Nightlight because it samples Joni Mitchell's "Blue" which was also sampled by Blu on his record "My World Is" (one of my fav Blu records).  All of the tracks are pretty impressive so its kind of hard to chose a favorite but there's something about Cold In The Summertime that just makes me go yeahhhh. I sense an ambient yet electrical funk vibe here which is fitting given the fact that Zero 7 and N.E.R.D are among some of their top influences, as well as Lauryn Hill and Prince. 


If you thought that was cool, check out their mash-up A Hip Hop Thing.  It's a cool medley of some classic hip hop songs.
11:54 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad