Post Top Ad

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Eclectics: Carmela W.


|| Age: 23 || Blog #1: Belladona || Blog #2: Pure Love

What does music mean to you?
Despite how trite it may sound music means everything to me. When needed it: nourishes my spirit, calms my mind, and fuels my body. It is essential to my life. It is everything – 

Colours of sound / Scales and beauty / Audio scenery / Electric love and rhythmic symmetry / Written in memory / Beautifully crafted scenery / Collective entity / Something to belong to / A source of energy / The possibilities / Wave lengths and bandwith / Higher vibration / Energizing entire lands / Intangible invisible but undeniable / Plays the language of excitement on survival / Some call it tribal / But perspective is everything / Connected to everything / Some say collectively everything /
- Music by Joss Stone
How would you describe your taste in music? 
Similar to the name of this blog - Eclectic Heart – I would describe my taste in music as eclectic. Depending on my mood you could find me listening to a range of artists and genres; however, I gravitate more towards Soul/ Neo-Soul, R&B, Pop, Rock, Folk, and Hip Hop.
What are you currently listening to?
John Mayers, Born & Raised album.
Who are your top 5 favorite and why? 
5. Mary J. Blige – I could not make a top 5 list without including her name, because I could (and I still can) relate to her pain and her joy that she so clearly depicts within her songs.
4. Maroon 5 – They are one of my favorite bands. I tend to blast their music when I am in the process of creating (i.e. paintings, sculptures, and jewelry).
3. Goapele – She is one of my favorites, because her voice is so distinct, so rich, and so smooth.
2. Beyoncé – In general Beyoncé’s records fuel my body; they make me get up and dance.
1. Joss Stone – Jossy is one of my favorites simply because her voice is full of power and soul.

If your life had a soundtrack, what would be the opening and closing theme? Why?
If my life was a soundtrack the opening and closing theme would be Jessie J’s Price Tag, because I try to go through life with a similar outlook – paying people with love. Today, in a poor economy, people seem too concerned about money and they act as though “money can buy happiness.” Yet, Jessie J’s Price Tag reiterates the more pressing issue of one’s love and happiness; it illustrates the fact that money does not equate love nor brings happiness.
11:55 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad