Post Top Ad

Friday, June 17, 2011

Two Door Cinema Club + Tokyo Police Club


Tokyo Police Club + Two Door Cinema Club live at the Trocadero
Opening Act: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin

Once Tokyo Police Club and Two Door Cinema Club announced that they would be doing a nation-wide co-headlining tour together I almost freaked! Well I did actually...and then I purchased my tickets for the show. One thing that I admire about Philadelphia is its mountainous amount of concert venues. We've got the First Unitarian Church, The Trocadero, The Electric Factory, The TLA and much more. I'm really going to miss that when I graduate in May.

The sold-out event took place last Saturday at the Trocadero and it was amazing! The 2 hours that we spent waiting outside in the freakin cold was completely worth it. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin from Springfield Missouri opened up for the club boys and they were pretty good. They had a lot of energy and were all smiles the whole night. What impressed me the most about this band is that during one of their songs they all switched instruments and continued playing. This really showed how diverse they are in their talents. Great performance!





Next to perform was Two Door Cinema Club. If you were looking for a dance party well you sure as hell got one! If perfection had a sound i'm pretty sure this would be it. They opened with Cigarrettes In the Theatre just like the album. The guitar riffs that come in at the 15 second mark get me everytime. They performed just about every track from Tourist History which completely satisfied my appetite. After their performance I can honestly say that their bassist Kevin Baird is one of the most energetic people that I have seen. I tried to get a video of him jamming out but the quality was no bueno.








Closing the show was the boys of Tokyo Police Club. I love these guys. They performed some of my favs from Champ such as Favorite Food, Frankenstein, Breakneck Speed, and Not Sick. They even took it back to Elephant Shell with Your English Is Good, Tesselate, and Graves.











The show didn't stop there. Two Door Cinema Club joined Toyko Police Club on stage for a collaborating performance of Last Night by the Kooks. The crowd went absolutely berzerk and aggressively morphed into this huge mosh pit. I felt bad for the dad standing in front of me with his 8 year old daughter (ouchhh!). Everyone was getting pushed left and right and rocking out. It was awesome and a wonderful way to end the night.





12:06 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad