Post Top Ad

Friday, June 17, 2011

Justin Nozuka w/ Ry Cuming + Alex Cuba



 Justin Nozuka sings about the trials and tribulations of life, love, and finding oneself. His emotional lyrics are often inspirational and life changing.  A few days before the show my friend introduced me to the sounds of Ry Cuming and I liked what I heard.  Coincidentally he opened for Justin at the show and was astounding live.  I was only familiar with a few of his songs at this point but that didn't keep me from swaying a long.  Alex Cuba, who was the other opening act, killed it on the guitar and sang in both English and Spanish. What I remember most about him was the massive size of his fro and his edgy razor blade sideburns.  It was the craziest thing I had ever seen but it fit him perfectly. 

Closing the show as the headliner was Justin and his band of course.  As venue crew set up their instruments, we strapped our belts on tight to prepare ourselves for the emotional roller coaster heading our way.  All of the ladies (yes including me) screamed in excitement as he walked out on stage in a sleeveless slate grey vest.  He introduced himself and thanked everyone for coming out to the show continuously; nothing but smiles all night long.  The positive energy was nearly seeping through his pores...I couldn't help but feel all warm and joyful inside.  To top it all off it was his 22nd BIRTHDAY! His lovely band mates arranged for a cake to be brought out on stage and the crowd harmonized to sing him a welcoming happy birthday melody.  It was great!

I was right at the front of the stage and got some pretty awesome shots of him.  He performed all of my favorites such as 'Carried You', 'Golden Train', and 'My Heart Is Yours'.  One girl literally fainted during the end of that performance and being the sweetheart that he is Justin stopped the show just to make sure security assisted her. Peep the video footage below.

Justin Nozuka performing "My Heart Is Yours"




12:04 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad