Post Top Ad

Friday, June 17, 2011

Janelle Monae




Janelle Monae:
Faster

Oh man where do I begin! This past Wednesday I saw Janelle Monae in concert. Last week I was going insane waiting for this moment to come and just like that it came and went. It's almost as if it didn't even happen.  I'm having a hard time grasping on to the fact that I was in the same room as her. I can't believe it, I just can't. I think I flipped through the footage from that night around 20x just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming.

PHENOMENAL!! Janelle is a true performer and she put on such a fantastic show. Her voice sounds a million times better live than it does on the CD and that's a really hard task to accomplish.  If my memory serves me correct she performed Dance or Die, Cold War, Faster, Wondaland, Locked Inside, Sir Greendown and of course Tight Rope. She also sang her rendition of Charlie Chaplin's Smile.  Among all of the performed songs my favorite performance would have to be this uncut slow song.  I don't think its a Monae original but it was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.  I was too wrapped up in her amazing voice to record that part haha. Overall, great show. Definitely a show that I won't forget.

PS: M.I.A will be here next Sunday, Sept 26th (MY BIRTHDAY!!) and I bought a golden ticket! Woop woop can't wait :)


Performing Tightrope
12:02 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post Top Ad